Red Chemistry, Inc. is dedicated to promote independent filmmaker and an increased appreciation for European cinema through programming that attracts diverse communities and engages future generations of film lovers.
The winner of the 2014 short film competition is "the Philatelist" by Jan Gerrit - Germany and got awarded the Youth Prize by Hialeah High School audiovisual and journalism classes (Mr Carlin).
The Philatelist by Jan Gerrit-Seyler wins Youth Award and will screen as part of Red Chemistry official programme.
Miami, 1st June 2014 -Red Chemistry and the board of directors today announced the winner of the Short Film Competition for the third Cinemagique educational film program and festival : The Philatelist by Jan Gerrit-Seyler has won the Youth Award and "ten best" werejust posted on the Red Chemistry website including French, Spanish, British and Austrian shorts. All films were selected by Hialeah High School students (audiovisual and journalism department) and winner will receive a cash prize of $350. Also announced today was a new prize: a selection of the finalists' films will screen on Red Chemistry website to attract US distributors.
The Short Film Competition is presented in association with Hialeah High School, the French Consulate, and with guidance from producers, filmmakers and organizers, Short film entries were related to any European theme. Submissions in a maximum length of 20 minutes were accepted through the Short Film Platform managed by the Short Film Agency in Paris.
The Official Selection-winning entries were selected by two types of juries: volunteers, board members and movie professionals on one side and Hialeah students on the other side. The Youth award-winning entry received the highest number of student votes in a six-month selection period.
Additional finalists for the competition were: Eskiper (Spain}, Frank-Etienne (France}, Resonance(France}, Premier Metro (France}, Wind(Austria), Ref/ections(UK}, Louis (France), Hit the Road (Germany), Tu/kou (France).
Cineuropa News :
- Denmark’s Park Road for US television after Sopranos’ treatment - Television - Denmark, US
- Warsaw had to dig deep for its festival line-up of 123 features- Festivals - Poland
- Fresh films from Finland - Market - Finland
- Thomas Vinterberg is hunting another Oscar nomination for Denmark - Oscar 2014 - Denmark
- Tough times for Sentimentalists - Athens 2013
- Jacques Molitor’s Mammejong starts shooting - Production — Luxembourg
- CNC: 667.8 M€ for the 2014 funding - Funding – France
- Irish filmmakers set for Korean junket - Industry – Ireland
- The best of Spanish cinema at Cinespaña - Festivals - France
- Salvatores launches Italy in a Day, first collaborative film by Italian citizens - Production – Italy